Followers

Sunday, August 24, 2008

Artworks!


This year is my final year in Lasalle college of the Arts already. Time really passes that fast. I have been producing alot of artworks from the past 2 years. Anyway, this year is also nothing special that I will be producing more artworks. Is a joy for me to produce artworks. As I really get to find out what you never experience in real life somehow. This year, I get to propose my own project, which means I can do what I want. As such, I would like to do something related to the "real-life" that we are experiencing it daily. My concept/theme: "Questioning True Happiness". I realized that people now on this modern society are too busy to actually realized what is "true happiness". Are they merely following what people is doing or are they indeed wanting to do? I find that there is no definite "truth" or "correct answers" in today's contexts. Only you will know your "correct answers". I will be doing on "Marriage" as an example to question the viewers. Many couples are stuck with question marks. They don't show it in public cause is  embarrassing but they flare out when they are back home. Don't you find it true? Why are people buying stuff which don't suits them cause the society only accept that? Have you ever question that to yourself? "Marriage" is just a example I show here in my work. Marriage= Money, Marriage= Status, Marriage= Being force by parents? 
My work will incorporate with- Papercuts drawings, Photography, Mixed Media Paintings, Lino prints and lastly a Film.
What I am showing is not a 'Answer' but a "Question". Can you make your right choice or not? Are you being yourself or not? Lastly, are you happy or not?




No comments: